My app just got reviewed by a professional website! Read the full review here: http://apps400.com/android-apps/ocr-instantly-free-convert-image-to-text-offline.html
OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition which is a technology to convert image to text. In the old days it takes a super computer to perform a complex OCR operation but thanks to the wonders of technology it is now available for everyone with a smart phone!
I went ahead and develop my first Android app that does OCR because I find it very useful but so far none of the apps in Android Market meets my expectations.
- Offline OCR engine - doesn't require sending data to servers for processing.
- Image enhancement engine - Capable of removing noise such as flickering lines seen when taking photo of a computer screen!
- Simplicity - very simple to use!
- Image can be cropped, rotated, or saved to SD card as .jpg file (saving is available in Pro version only).
- Digitized text can be copied to clipboard, shared with other apps directly, or saved to SD card as .txt file (saving is available in Pro version only).
- Huge language support.
PS: Free version comes with ads. Feel free to support my development by purchasing the Pro version :)