File Explorer is very important in Android platform unlike the iPhone. It's the main selling point of owning an Android device - to feel that you're in control. And just like how you would use your Windows Explorer most of the time in Windows, therefore a good file explorer for Android is a must.
Sometimes good things do come for free :)
I've tried several file explorers for Android, but my favourite is still ES File Explorer. The interface is simple enough for normal users, but included within its package tons of useful features for veteran users.
- The normal Windows Explorer features - Copy, Paste, Cut/Move, Delete, Rename (Multiselect supported)
- Compress/Decompress ZIP files, Unpack RAR files.
- Search files.
- Access your Home PC, via WIFI with SMB.
- Root explorer feature (the ability to modify System files for veteran users, see What is Rooting). Root explorer usually costs money while this one is free :)
- I use it to edit text files too!