Want to convert a video to play on your iPod or any mobile phones available in the market right now?
I just found the simplest software to do the trick.. for free.
1) Format Factory is a freeware that converts not only video, but audio, image, CD/DVD too. This guide will focus only on video converting.
2) Start the program, then choose the video format you wish to convert to. I would like to convert a video of mine to view on the handphone, so I click on 'All to Mobile Device' here.
3) All common devices are listed here such as Sony PSP, iPhone/iPod, Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson phones etc. Just choose your device :)
4) All the settings are set automatically, neat! Advance users may change the settings to your liking :) You can even add subtitles!
5) In the next page click 'Add File' and browse to your video file. You are able to cut a portion of your video to be converted by clicking 'Option' in this page. Click 'Ok' when you're done.
6) Finally click 'Start' to start your conversion!
This program converts to DVD format as well, though you'll need to burn the video to VCD/DVD after conversion. If you want to play a video on the DVD it's much simpler to use this guide instead.
Format Factory is used in a series of guides in this site: